Monday, July 15, 2013

Wipeout Chalk Pistol review

Welp, another long-ass hiatus, but I at least have new stuff, soooooo, onward.

Price: I found and picked mine up at a general sporting goods store for 7.99, but I dunno where you can find it now, andnat what cost.
The first thing you'll notice is: "Oh hey, kinda looks like sci-fi...HOLY SHIT IS THE FIRING SOUND REALLY THAT LOUD!?
Range: Estimated 50ish feet, if you use suitable darts.

Ok, let's get one thing straight: this was originally a little paintball gun. Paintball guns, as you may know or assume, need a lot of kinetic energy to fire the ball a good distance. Therefore, this thing has some serious power behind it for a spring loaded single shot blaster. Basically, this was originally branded the SupaSplat (what a hip, ghetto name, ehh?), and a lot of people modded it to accept darts. Well, then it became the Wipeout blaster gun thing, and they premade it to shoot these weird, heavy chalk darts.

The thing is, the chalk darts don't go terribly far due to the weight of the dispenser on the end. But then replace the heavy darts with lighter, more aerodynamic ones, and.....You can't figure this one out?... Well, they go like a bat described in a certain Meatloaf song/certain cliched simile. FAST. The only thing is, those chalk darts also happen to have some seriously durable foam that was actually
MEANT to be shot from it, so using a standard, unintended Nerf dart results in the air pressure building a tight enough seal (I think, correct me if I'm wrong.) to literally split the dart down the middle. However, I noticed my BuzzBee darts survived a few uses and went the full distances before dying on me, so if you can find a cheap bucket of AirZone or BB darts for this, then have fun sniping your friends. Also, I dunno where else to put this, but this thing seriously HURTS at point blank, almost as bad as my dart-modded Titan (how could I resist?), so, as one of my favorite Toy Story quotes goes, "Plaaaaaaay nice!".

Cool factor: 10 (Basically, in the dart world, it's an anti-materiel pistol. How is that not awesome?)
Durability: 8 (Better than BuzzBee, but not as polished as Nerf.)
Range: 10 (I'd be afraid to mod this, for fear of it dismembering someone upon point blank impact. )
Price factor : 8.5 (Get a deal like me, and you're gold. Otherwise, it's a bit of a gray area, given the original price was around 20 bucks)
Overall: 9 (a nice looking blaster that shots darts ridiculously far and hard in stock condition. Elite, eat your heart out.)

No comments:

Post a Comment